September, 2023 Airline Boarding Update
Posted 10/19/23 (Thu)
(Bismarck, ND) The North Dakota Aeronautics Commission (NDAC) has released the monthly report that provides information relating to the airline passenger traffic at the eight commercial service airports within the state.
Commercial airline boarding numbers for September 2023 reached 91,270 passengers, which represents a growth of 6,492 boardings or an 8% increase from September of 2022. Seven of the eight of the commercial service airports also had higher passenger numbers than during this same period last year.
Air Service Updates:
- Sun Country Airlines resumed seasonal air service (September 7th - December 17th) from Williston (XWA) to Las Vegas, Nevada.
September 2023 Boarding Records:
- The Fargo Hector International Airport achieved a new monthly passenger record with 41,452 passenger boardings. The previous record for the airport for month of September was set in 2022 with 35,213 passengers.
- The Devils Lake Airport also achieved a new monthly passenger record with 604 passenger boardings. The previous record for the airport for month of September was set in 2019 with 563 passengers.
September 2023 Statewide Airline Passenger Statistics
- Total Airline Passenger Boardings: 91,270
- Available Airline Departure Seats: 111,180
- Average Aircraft Load Factor: 82%
- Number of Successful Airline Departure Flights: 1,371
- Number of Airline Departure Flight Cancellations: 3
- Airline Departure Flight Cancellation Rate: 0.2%