October, 2023 Airline Boarding Update
Posted 11/17/23 (Fri)
(Bismarck, ND) The North Dakota Aeronautics Commission (NDAC) has released the monthly report that provides information relating to the airline passenger traffic at the eight commercial service airports within the state.
Commercial airline boarding numbers for October 2023 reached 101,377 passengers, which represents a growth of 6,757 boardings or an 7% increase from October of 2022. Six of the eight of the commercial service airports also had higher passenger numbers than during this same period last year.
The last time that North Dakota surpassed 100,000 passenger boardings during the month of October was in the pre-pandemic year of 2019 when the state experienced 102,240 boardings.
"The strong passenger numbers are a direct result of the growth in additional flights and seat availability that we are beginning to see throughout North Dakota." stated Kyle Wanner, Executive Director of the NDAC. "We hope to see these growth indicators continue as we expect passenger demand to remain strong throughout the upcoming holiday season."
October 2023 Boarding Records:
- The Fargo Hector International Airport achieved a new monthly passenger record with 43,332 passenger boardings. The previous record for the airport for month of October was set in 2019 with 39,968 passengers.
- The Devils Lake Airport also achieved a new monthly passenger record with 714 passenger boardings. The previous record for the airport for month of October was set in 2022 with 665 passengers.
October 2023 Statewide Airline Passenger Statistics
- Total Airline Passenger Boardings: 101,377
- Available Airline Departure Seats: 124,351
- Average Aircraft Load Factor: 82%
- Number of Successful Airline Departure Flights: 1,471
- Number of Airline Departure Flight Cancellations: 19
- Airline Departure Flight Cancellation Rate: 1.3%