Grant application round is open
Posted 2/08/18 (Thu)
The North Dakota Aeronautics Commission is now accepting applications from airports that will be requesting state aid for the upcoming construction season. We request that all completed applications be received by our office on or before the close of business on Tuesday, April 10th 2018.
Visit https://aero.nd.gov/airports/airport-grant-funding/ to view a copy of the grant application, priority system, and grant procedures.
Please ensure full completeness of the application which includes:
- A required signature at the bottom of the first page
- A completed second page of the application for each project that state funding is being requested
- Supporting documentation required for each project should be enclosed within the application
Additional reminders for state grant funding includes:
- Airport sponsors are encouraged to apply for state grant funding at 50% of the local share of project costs. If a higher state funding level is needed for the project, the airport sponsor shall indicate the specific level that is required and provide justification within the grant application. Such justification may include:
- Explanation of local funding situation and a description of any additional efforts that have been taken to increase the amount of local funds available.
- Explanation of the high priority or safety enhancing effects of the project.
- Airport sponsors who are applying for a state grant for fuel facilities or community hangars are required to provide a business plan with the project’s grant application.
- The Commission will not fund aerial spray pads, interest payments, airport liability insurance premiums, privately owned hangars, and private apron area’s as defined by the FAA.
The annual grant meeting date has been set for the morning of Thursday, June 7th, 2018 and will be held at the Bismarck Municipal Airport Terminal Building Main Conference Room. You can expect to see the Commission’s recommended grant awards at least one week prior to that date.
Feel free to contact our office if you have questions or require any assistance with the grant application process.